Your Gift Today Shapes The Future
Quality early education programs prepare children to enter school ready to learn. This positive trajectory continues throughout their lives: they have higher graduation rates, pursue higher education/career training, and secure higher paying jobs.1
We reach out to children of all backgrounds, including those whose circumstances — such as living in poverty and learning English as a second language — can undercut school success.
With you, we can offer all children the opportunity to achieve their potential. At-risk children attending quality early education programs can make great progress and enter kindergarten at grade level.2
Parents go to work knowing that their children are in a safe, nurturing environment. There are additional benefits; parents who have high-quality care and education available for their children miss fewer work days, stay on the job longer, and are more productive at work.3
For Our Community
Every dollar invested in early care and education generates a savings return of more than $16. The savings accrue from reduced costs for special education, public welfare, criminal justice, and additional social services.4
YOU Make The Difference. Here Are Some Of The Ways Your Donation To Children’s Village Makes An Impact:
- Hiring highly qualified teachers and supporting their ongoing professional development.
- Providing out-of-school enrichment activities to children in grades K-6.
- Offering screenings, referrals, and intervention services for children with special needs.
- Hosting workshops, interpretation and translation services, and other programs to support families in their roles as children's "first" teachers.
- Purchasing software and other digital teaching tools, science kits, dramatic play equipment, and art supplies.
We Are Renovating Our On-Site Commercial Kitchen—and Need Your Support
We serve 230,000 healthy meals and snacks annually—and are a leader in the early education field to implement higher nutrition standards. We have eliminated fried foods, highly processed foods, crackers, and cookies—and included more seasonable fresh fruits and vegetables. Equally important, our menu reflects our wonderfully diverse community of families.
But we have outgrown our kitchen—especially in light our our 25% enrollment increase resulting from our fall 2011 expansion. Donate today to help Children's Village:
- Reconfigure our kitchen layout, improving our efficiency and providing more space for prep work.
- Upgrade equipment, including a chemical-free dishwasher, 4-burner range, griddle, and convection oven.
- Add storage. Conscious of our impact on the environment, we do not use disposable dishes or flatware—we need more space to store all of our kitchen and serving equipment.
Many Ways To Give:
Honor Others Through Tribute And Memorial Gifts
Show your appreciation for a favorite teacher--with a gift in his or her honor. Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion through a gift. You can also honor the memory of loved one in a meaningful way.
Double The Impact of Your Gift: Matching Gifts
Your employer may offer a Matching Gift Program — doubling the difference your gift can make.
TARGET 's Take Charge of Education Program
Enroll for free in TARGET's Take Charge of Education program; TARGET will donate up to 1% of your REDCard purchase to Children's Village (School ID# 123354). Learn more by visiting www.target.com/tcoe.
Designate Children’s Village's Donor Choice number 1182 when you make your United Way contribution. To learn more, please visit the United Way website www.uwsepa.org
Foundations, corporations, and business make a big difference in our programs — and in our community.
Pennsylvania’s Pre-Kindergarten Tax Credit Program
Businesses and corporations support preschoolers attending Children’s Village — and receive tax credit through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC).
Committed to Transparency and Accountability
Children’s Village has received the GuideStar Exchange Seal, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information. To learn more, visit our report page on GuideStar.org
A copy of Children's Village official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within PA, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Learn More About The Extraordinary Impact Of High-Quality Early Care And Education:
Endnotes, References, and Resources
- Pennsylvania Departments of Education and Public Welfare Office of Child Development and Early Learning. (2010). Annual Report 2009-2010, p. 2.
For more information, please visit www.pakeys.org.
- Carplunk, W., (2011) Investments in Pennsylvania's early childhood programs pay off now and later. Issue Brief by The Partnership for America's Economic Success. The Pew Center on the States. Washington, DC.
For more information, visit The Pew Center on the States website http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/.
- Schaefer, S., Gates, S.L., Kiernan, M., (2011). Strengthening Pennsylvania Businesses through Investments in Early Care and Education. A report by America's Edge. Washington, DC.
For more information, download the report.
- Schweinhart, L. J., Montie, J., Xiang, Z., Barnett, W. S., Belfield, C. R., & Nores, M. (2005). Lifetime effects: The HighScope Perry Preschool study through age 40.). Ypsilanti, MI: HighScope Press.
For more information, download the research summary.