Every Day For Every Child, Children’s Village Is Guided By:
Children's Village is a non-profit organization providing high-quality early childhood education to young children and educational enrichment to school-age children for families of all economic levels and diverse backgrounds.
Children’s Village envisions a world in which all families have full access to early care and education as well as school-age care that exemplifies best practice and that meaningfully embraces family hopes and dreams.
- Recognizing children as our first priority
- Maintaining accreditations to assure educational excellence
- Supporting parents in work, in school, and as community volunteers
- Embracing the broad diversity of families in today's society
- Creating an inclusive, collaborative community of childcare professionals, families, and community representatives
- Engaging staff and families in open dialogue to learn from one another
- Retaining and developing professional, committed, and passionate teachers and staff
- Of different racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, including interracial families;
- Who speak English as well as those who speak languages other than English (we serve many families who speak one or more of the many Chinese dialects);
- Of various compositions represented in today’s society, including families with lesbian, gay, and transgendered parents; recombined families (when parents have children from previous relationships); and single-parent, two-parent, foster, adoptive, and grandparent-headed families;
- Of all economic levels, including parents in training and on public assistance, working parents eligible for government subsidies, as well as those who pay the full private fee.
Children's Village provides services and refers families (parents and children) to other services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, limited English proficiency, age, sex, or sexual orientation.